Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Movies Lecture

I really enjoyed our movie lecture because of my interest in broadcast journalism and creating and editing video. Before our lecture I never really thought about who invented the first video camera. I really liked how Mr.Miller didn't just say. William Dickinson invented a camera that could shoot movie and sound". Instead of stopping there he went on to explain that Thomas Edison didn't actually invent the first camera that could shoot sound , Dickinson worked for Edison, and he also explained how the camera takes a bunch of pictures and then the images are clicked through very quickly to give the pictures a look that makes them look like one continuous movie. I never really thought about the social experience you get when going to the movies but after our lecture I realized that the movies is a cool place where everybody is fine hanging out.

No comments:

Post a Comment